Friday, June 12, 2009

The Beginning

Introduction

Throughout my life I have repeatedly had to use the phrase “It was an accident” in my defense. If you look up the word accident in the dictionary you will not find my handsome portrait or even my name, but you will however find a definition that will sum up the contents of this ever-growing book. The definition of accident is as follows: an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury. With the definition out in the open, be prepared to laugh, cry, or even get mad at times, while you read the culmination of my life’s story. I am only 23 years old right now so you can imagine there won’t be an end to the stories until the day I die.

The title of this book should not be confused with the idea that my life was an accident. In fact, my life is far from an accident. It just so happens that I have been involved in a fair amount of unexpected and unintentional events. For completeness sake I have decided to include stories that were not accidents as well, so that the readers of this book will get an accurate depiction of who I am and how my life has been.

In order to paint the correct picture and introduce to you who I am, I will start out with a very short overview of my life. I was born August 5, 1985 to Robert L. Geddes and Tamra Sue Wray at 12:06 a.m. in a small town named Soda Springs. I grew up in that town and graduated from high school in 2003. I attended college for one year at Idaho State University (ISU) and then served a Spanish-speaking mission in McAllen, Texas from 2004 to 2006. Following my 2-year mission I returned to my studies at ISU where I met my wife Britney Richardson and was married January 4, 2008. I started pharmacy school in the fall of 2008, where I am currently a student until 2012, but that is getting into the future where the story is not yet written.

One last thing before the real story begins. The purpose of this book is to account for the many stories, which I have not recorded. I want my posterity to decide if they want to learn from my mistakes and rejoice in my successes. Lastly I want to remember who I am and how I got where I am today. It truly has been a ride up to this day, and if I’m not mistaken the ride has really only begun. Now please join with me while I attempt to take you through some of the earliest memories I have as I work my way up to the present. I guess this is your last chance to put the book down, but I imagine you are already hooked so you will continue with me into my past. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment